The Lavelle Fund for the Blind funds the following program areas:
Program vs. Capital Support
The Lavelle Fund for the Blind concentrates on providing program support earmarked for program creation, expansion, or improvement. Capital support is generally awarded only in connection with specific program support needs.
The majority of Fund-supported grants are project-specific. General operating support is rarely provided.
The Fund does not make grants to any of the following:
- Organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, except in the case of non-U.S. charitable, nonprofit organizations that lack a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) fiscal intermediary.
- Medical research programs.
- Conferences or media events (unless they are an integral part of a broader program of direct service).
- Advocacy efforts to influence legislation or elections.
- Organizations seeking support for deficit reduction or emergency funding.