About the Grantee
St. Joseph’s School for the Blind has been providing specialized care, education, and human services to individuals with visual impairments since its founding in Jersey City in 1891 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace. St. Joseph’s School for the Blind is a nonprofit, non-sectarian agency accepting children of every race, creed and national origin and is licensed by the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Developmental Disabilities and has the approval of the New Jersey State Department of Education.
Today, St. Joseph’s remains the only private school for the blind in New Jersey. The school continues its founding mission to serve individuals with visual impairments and has expanded services to include individuals with multiple disabilities from birth through adulthood.
Purpose of the Grant
To support the buildout and equipping of a new Multi-Sensory Room at St. Joseph’s School for the Blind.