Location: Rockville Centre, Nassau County, NY
Facts and Stats
Molloy College offers a supportive, friendly environment with a small undergraduate population of mostly commuter students. Located in Rockville Centre, a suburb of Long Island, Molloy is less than an hour away from Manhattan.
- 3,500 undergraduate students
- Ranked as one of the Safest College Campuses in America
- Catholic College
- 90% of undergraduate students are commuters with about 340 on-campus residents
- 36% of incoming freshmen are first-generation college students
- 60+ student clubs and organizations
- Athletics: NCAA Division II
- 10:1 student to faculty ratio with a majority of classes having less than 20 students
- Freshman learning communities allow first-year students to connect with a group of student learners in linked courses focused on a specific theme or course of study
- Most popular programs: Nursing (top-rated), business, education, biology, music therapy, criminal justice
- Disability Support Services/Success Through Expanded Education Program which offers specialized orientation for registered students, as well as discussion groups and peer mentorship
- Free tutoring services and Writing Center
- Free shuttle service provided from Molloy College to the Rockville Centre Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) train station
- Accepts only Molloy College’s application form (not the Common App)
- SAT Scores: Normally required but optional during COVID-19
- Selectivity: 81% admitted
- Any student who might not have the SAT scores or grades to typically get into Molloy College might be accepted through the St. Thomas Aquinas program. These students can receive extra support and an extra advisor if needed.
Molloy College Q & A
An interview with Cari Rose-Tomo, Coordinator, Disability Support Services/Success Through Expanded Education Program
What’s unique about Molloy College?
I think the most striking thing about Molloy is that we are very warm and caring. If someone doesn’t hold the door, they’re not from our school. That’s the beauty of Molloy and I think, for me, that’s our biggest strength. Most students who have chosen Molloy, choose it because of the feeling.
What services are available to students with disabilities?
There is a lot of support at Molloy. Disability Services holds a separate orientation that is specific to students registered with us. We have student contacts who are registered with us that work with any students who want help – they’ll work individually or with groups. They welcome in the new students and run discussion groups throughout the semester. There are also a ton of resources, and you can come to any staff member you’re comfortable with. I want students to know that they’re always welcome to come into the Disability Support Services office. We’re not going to hold your hand, but we’re going to stand behind you ready to offer you a hand if you need one.
What’s it like on campus?
Even as a commuter campus, kids just stay. Student Life works very, very hard to try to engage all different kinds of students. We have over 50 clubs. Over the summer, they take all the first-year students to shows and events. I think if a student wants to find campus life, they’re going to find it. But they’re going to have to seek out activities that interest them, campus life won’t simply come to them.
To Learn More:
1000 Hempstead Avenue
Rockville Centre, NY 11571
Coordinator, Disability Support Services