POSITION: Office & Administrative Associate (Full-Time)
ORGANIZATION: LAVELLE FUND FOR THE BLIND
LOCATION: New York, New York
ABOUT THE LAVELLE FUND FOR THE BLIND:
The Lavelle Fund for the Blind is a charitable grant-making foundation dedicated primarily to supporting programs that help blind or visually impaired people live independent and productive lives. The Lavelle Fund also runs a needs-based college scholarship program for legally blind U.S. residents.
The Fund is seeking an Office & Administrative Associate to join our team. While the position will be based in New York City, the onboarding process and initial period of work will be conducted remotely until our offices reopen. The ideal candidate is someone who is proactive, a problem solver, energetic, well organized and detail-oriented, and is able to multi-task, prioritize, learn quickly, and work collaboratively and independently. The position reports into the Fund’s Controller.
Executive Director Support
- Assist with the compilation of Board materials.
- Organize Board meetings, occasional receptions and other Committee meetings.
- Assist with the logistical work involved in organizing bi-yearly international site-visits, such as making travel, visa and insurance arrangements and reserving hotels and transportation.
- Manage and maintain the Fund’s website content.
- Enhance the Fund’s Board of Directors portal with relevant, up-to-date information.
- Provide basic IT troubleshooting to staff and the Board and schedule IT support when needed.
- Organize Board and staff technology and cybersecurity workshops and trainings.
- Setup AV and computer equipment for presentations at meetings.
- Track software subscriptions and key renewal dates, and assist the Controller with ensuring that all service providers have cybersecurity policies in place.
- Stay alert on the latest cybersecurity and IT threats and assist the Controller in informing the Board and staff and undertaking necessary follow-up actions.
- Assist the Grant Program Manager with data entry and tracking of grant and scholarship information in the Fund’s grants management platform, CyberGrants.
- Assist current and prospective grantees with CyberGrants navigation and access.
- Collect payment information, prepare transmittal letters for grant and scholarship program payments, and record payment information in CyberGrants.
- Generate and maintain updated grant and payment reports.
- Draft grant declination letters and other correspondence and maintain a master spreadsheets.
- Work with the Controller in administering the Fund’s operational policies and trainings.
- Serving as day-to-day liaison with vendors and troubleshoot when problems arise.
- Answer general telephone and e-mail inquiries.
- Organize the physical and electronic files of grants, scholarship, financial and office-related documents.
- Conduct preliminary research on special projects.
- General, daily, broad support for in-house staff, as needed.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook, and ability to troubleshoot basic software and hardware problems.
- Excellent research and analysis skills, with the ability to synthesize and distill large amounts of information.
- Good interpersonal skills as a key component of the role involves close interaction with in-house staff, grantees, and Board members.
- Experience in writing web content is a plus, as is an interest in philanthropy.
- Ability to work in a high-performance environment, with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to work remotely, if circumstances require.
- High level of organization skills and attention to detail.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree with a preferred minimum of 1 year’s work experience.
- Sense of humor a plus.
Salary range: $53,000 – $60,000, plus benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Khanh Phan, Grant Program Manager ([email protected]) by September 30th, 2020. Please include “Office & Administrative Associate” in the subject line of the e-mail. Only the most qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
The Lavelle Fund for the Blind, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all qualified job applicants without regard to race color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, marital/partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and any other attributes protected by law. The Lavelle Fund abides by all applicable rules and regulations in its recruiting and employment practices, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.